Saturday, 26 January 2013

Hormonal Teen

I'm the teen in this house. I'm also a teenage girl, so aren't I allowed to be a little bit tetchy at times when people have a go at me? Am I not allowed to be a hormonal mess? Because I thought that was one of the privileges of being a teenage girl. The one allowance. The one thing that makes everything suck a little less... apparently I have been stripped of that, too. Along side my innocence.
So what if I want to sit in my room on my laptop for a while just to get away from everything that annoys me and sets off my tetchy side? What right do my parents have to force me to go back downstairs? Surely removing myself from the situation is better than gradually getting more agitated and risking snapping at someone. Though nobody seems to see it that way. The way they see it, I'm in a huff. I'm not. I just want some peace and quiet, where I can be alone.
It doesn't help that they worship the ground my brother walks on. He works me up to the point where I say something in response, causing him to walk off. This then, causes my parents to have a go at me for upsetting their beloved son, whilst not caring about how I might be feeling.
Not only that, but he acts an authority figure over me, constantly telling me to not do something or condescending me in general. My parents lap it up, like puppy dogs. They back his ideas and thoughts at every twist and turn, acting like he is a prodigy or something.

I'd better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment