Saturday, 26 January 2013

Just now my dad came in- just as suspected.

Dad: i'm sorry if what I said upset you. We would really like it if you came down and watched the TV with us.

Me: No thanks, I dont want to (NOT A HINT OF SARCASM)

Dad: why?

Me: (genuine) I'm fine up here

Dad: (walking away with vehemence in his voice.) I tried my best, you're just a spoilt little child who burnt the house down*


It doesn't seem like much. It's just words and not very powerful ones at that. But it hurts enough. Enough to make me sit here and cry.

*context: I had left my hair curlers on a couple of days ago and they slightly singed my heat protective cover. They would have automatically turned off after an hour anyway, but my dad lords it over me and everyone else that he turned them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment