Sunday, 10 February 2013

i hate school

I've never really understood why some kids hate school. Now I do. You probably don't, even if you like to think you hate school, you can't empathise with me unless you dread going to school the next day, constantly worry about going and stress so much you feel ill. Thats how I feel. IT IS ALL FAR TOO MUCH FOR ME TO HANDLE. I am being over loaded with assignments and responsibility. Expectations too. the ones that others have set for me and the ones I have set for myself. I'm not a bad student- quite the opposite, but teachers will never understand us. The horror it brings us to have lost a planner or forgotten a piece of homework. The think we are invincible, bulletproof. They will take extreme measures to 'knock us back into place' ,yet, we are already tearing ourselves apart for the thing they are punishing us for.
No wonder school is one of the main reasons for suicide. Personally, I don't feel like I am strong enough to carry on worrying and stressing with so much on my plate. Though, I have no choice. I will still drag myself out of bed in the morning. I will still cry internally as I answer a question wrong in class and am ridiculed for it, I will still tear myself up for losing something or another, whilst being shouted at by an angry teacher from whom I have lost all respect. Because the law says so. The law would prefer for children to have to endure this feeling day after day after day than to be a child. They say that society is the thing that makes children grow up too fast. But the truth is, it's school. School is piling on pressure, stress and responsibility while we have to deal with adjusting to life as well. School is the one forcing us to make decisions about the rest of our lives RIGHT NOW, when we are bearly past the age of twelve.

So I don't want to go back into school tomorrow. Or ever. Because school has already forced me to grow up FAR too fast. Where did the time go where we could all be children? We had to stop being children at the age of four.

No comments:

Post a Comment